We’re looking for a talented and ambitious copywriter to join our team. Clear, concise, and contextual copywriting is at the heart of the services we provide for clients and how we promote ourselves as a company to the wider world.
This role sits as part of our growing strategy team, led by the Head of Strategy. The role requires the ability to quickly understand a client’s business and its audiences and write in a clear, concise manner that addresses relevant objectives. From campaign messaging to website microcopy and video scripts, this role is responsible for crafting engaging copy for a multitude of client and internal projects.
As a small agile agency, we aim to hire outstanding individuals and empower them to take ownership and responsibility for contributing to the delivery of work that achieves effective results.
In the current environment, the office is split between home and office work, therefore the successful candidate will need to work effectively in a remote environment while being based within commuting distance from our London office.
We are looking for someone that meets the following criteria:
- Over three years copywriting experience (in-house or agency)
- Demonstrable experience producing compelling messaging for a variety of brands and project objectives
- Ability to write copy for a variety of outputs including social, print, video, and online
- Attention to detail when editing and proofing work to ensure high editorial standards are met
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members and work efficiently with different roles across the agency as part of a small team, to assess project needs and help with messaging
- Proactive, self-starter capable of identifying opportunities to improve the agency and ways of working
- Solution-focused mindset
- Technically proficient in relevant tools and software
- Ability to empathise with and understand user challenges
- Process-driven, you take pride in your work with excellent attention to detail
- Highly motivated, with excellent communication skills and a can-do attitude
- Ability to work quickly and flexibly to meet deadlines
- Resourceful, action-oriented and capable of working independently
- Strong interest in related fields and future trends – e.g. design, psychology, business and marketing
We would like to see evidence that you fit with our values:
- Take pride: Care about what you do, who you are and your impact in the world.
- Create a place to belong: Build a positive team spirit, creating a place for people to be their best.
- Be approachable: Create a genuinely collaborative environment.
- Show up: Strive to be your best – prepare, learn, ask questions and improve.
How to apply
If you want to be part of a growing team and have the opportunity to have a real impact on the success of the agency, please send your CV and a few examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ‘Copywriter application’.
About Make it Clear
We are a London-based design agency who help large organisations communicate clearly about their technology-based products and services. We create research-led design solutions that focus on clarity to improve interactions, drive results and reduce costs. We are Make it Clear, and that’s what we do.