Identify usability issues, gain insight into your user experience and reflect your users’ needs and organisation’s objectives according to data-driven recommendations from our UX audit.
Why choose Make it Clear
23 years of experience
We clarify the complex
The outputs of this work are invaluable to those refining a digital product, as it results in tangible and actionable recommendations that streamline business processes and focus the approach. The audit provides a list of identified issues and recommendations for areas of improvement.
We focus on the following three areas:
05Reporting and recommendations
What are the benefits
Download an example audit
You can now find the example UX audit report in your email
How do I know if my organisation needs a UX audit?
Every audit we’ve done has highlighted usability issues that the client was not aware of. Some were easy wins – glaring problems that dramatically improved the user experience – others were less obvious and required a lot of digging. But every single issue we uncovered has had an impact by making the interface that little bit more user-friendly, little less stressful, little more efficient, little more enjoyable to use. The thing about the UX audit – you don't know what you will find and how significant these findings will be, but for us, this fact alone makes it worth looking at.
When should I do a UX audit?
There are some key scenarios for when a UX audit should be conducted:
- Your website feels outdated and hasn't been updated in recent years
- You've launched a new product or website and you're seeing an unusually high bounce rate
- Your website/product conversion rates are low
- Sales through your website/product are declining
- Key measurable stats on your website/product are dropping off
(i.e. average time on page, unique visitors to your page, pages viewed per session etc.)
- You haven't received any customer feedback when using your website/product within recent years
- You're in the initial stages of a website/product redesign and want to make substantial improvements
- You launched an MVP but need a second opinion on usability or the general user experience
Why is a UX audit important?
A UX audit is important because it can help analyse and identify potential bottlenecks and usability issues on a website, including:
- Which areas of the site are causing users friction?
- At what point are they dropping off the site?
- What aspects of the site are confusing or distracting to users?
How do you prepare for a UX audit?
There will be a kick off Workshop with the key stakeholders to identify business objectives and discuss if any of the supplied information needs to be updated. This is an opportunity to agree on the purpose of the audit, key objectives, existing pain points and set priorities for the roadmap.
How long does a UX audit take?
The length of an audit completely depends on the size and scale of the organisation and to what level of detail the client would like the audit to take, it can range from several weeks to several months. Please get in contact and book a call with a member of the Make it Clear team to discuss further.
What types of product or organisation is a UX audit suitable for?
A UX audit is a procedure that’s relevant for both aspiring startups and established companies. Here at Make it Clear we have performed audits for a whole range of companies, both big and small, from startups to established legacy businesses. Please get in touch with us and see if it could be for you!